For your trekking convenience, we suggest that you read along the following cultural tips. Knowing the local habits must be one of your best friend in traveling.
- Smile and greet people, especially elders.
- Shake hands, gently
- Accept hospitality and food. You do not have to eat and drink, but it is polite to accept.
- Say goodbye and thank you when you leave
- Dress modestly Women should keep upper arms and thighs covered.
- Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to pass
- Use only your right hand to eat and to hand objects or money to someone
- Be sure to sit at the same level as other people
- Enter house, building or village without being invited
- Wear shoes inside a house
- Point at people with your finger. Don’t ever use your foot to point at objects or people
- Point the bottom of your feet directly at people whilst sitting on the floor
- Touch anyone’s head
- Step over people of food on the floor
- Eat with your left hand, or use your left hand to give or accept objects or money
- Raise your voice, especially in anger.